If you own a business, it’s highly recommended that you have it listed in the top business directories in Australia. This is especially important if you want to build an online presence for your enterprise. As you should already know by now, a lot of people these days use the internet to look for information about products and services. If they do a search online about your own product and service but you aren’t listed anywhere, then you just lost a potential customer. That’s how powerful the internet is these days. One of the best ways to harness the power of the internet is to have your business listed in a popular directory.
If you’re looking for a good and reliable Australian business directory, you should start with any of the following directories. For best results, try to list your business in all of them.
1) Yellow Pages – The biggest benefit of using this directory is that it’s absolutely free to create your listing. All you need to do is sign up then submit your listing. Yellow Pages is a general directory which means it covers all categories of businesses. That said, whatever product or service you are selling, you are more than welcome to create your listing on the site.
2) Homegiraffe.com.au – This directory is great for many reasons. First of all, you are allowed to put a lot of information in your business listing. These include photos, contact details, payment options, and links to your website. Another important feature of Home Giraffe is the fact that people can leave reviews in your listing. So if you sell high-quality products or offer reliable services, this will reflect in your listing through the positive reviews. You can also pay for performance, with high rankings on Google.
3) Yelp – This directory is one of the pioneers when it comes to review sites. Millions of people use this site every single day to check out if a business establishment is worth patronizing. Customer reviews are highlighted in the business listings which make the reviews look more honest and genuine.
4) White Pages – This is smaller than Yellow Pages but it still attracts millions of visits a day. Among the benefits of using this directory is that your listing looks like a standalone website. There’s an About Us page where you can write lengthy paragraphs about your business. You can also create a gallery of photos showcasing your products. And last but not the least, you can make an online brochure for your business and put it on your listing.
5) Hotfrog – What makes this business directory unique is its clean interface. Navigating the site is a breeze. Your contact details and business address are at the top of the listing which can be very convenient for people who are in the rush. A map courtesy of Google Maps is also embedded in your listing. You can upload photos of your products or a portfolio of your work if your business offer online-based services.
In conclusion, if you want to attract a lot of new customers online, it’s best that you have your business listed in an Australian business directory. Start with the ones we recommended above.